Skip to main content

Growing Up

One day, you are trotting in your shoes
That glimmer with light in those heels. 
A pink frock for your birthday,
A cake that says you just turned 5. 
A skipping rope, a GI-Joe 
Is all that you need in life. 
Life was complete with those people 
People who made you smile. 
Dad, Mum and your little brother
Running about doing everything you need. 
All shimmers like gold and platinum
Life could never get better. 
A bunch of friends in your colony
Who you thought would never leave your side.
Trying to please people 
Was the least of our concerns. 
Homework was a piece of cake 
Studying was never that difficult. 
Home to me was my world
A world that had no boundaries. 
A whole new world waited for me 
But I could not care less. 
Then came a time when everything changed
A change that I could not accept.
But with time and space I got to adapt
Adapt to a whole new me. 
"Me" shifted to "I"
The superego took over. 
The new "I" hurt people
The new "I" hurt "Me".
Responsibilities had no role to play 
Life was still way simpler then. 
Here I stand today
Tall and strong.
But somewhere inside me 
I know there is something waiting.
Something big, something scary
Something called "Responsibility".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life, As we call it

Once you are born Into this big, big world You enter a confusing maze- Something you need to figure out Life, as we call it Once upon a time You are just a child The next minute, an adult With a big responsibility at hand – Life, as we call it One day you are free Like a bird flying high The next day you are pulled down Further into complexities – Life, as we call it One minute you are so sure Of what to expect next The next minute you are thrusted Back to square one – Life, as we call it One minute you are happy Of all the wonders around you The next minute you are pushed back To reality that might be nasty – Life, as we call it Life, as we call it Might be unfair at most times Somehow that is what makes it exciting Giving us the power to deal with, Life, as we call it

Don't "Kid" Around

The beach is where one goes to catch up with old friends, enjoy the sea breeze, experience the peace and tranquility, listen to the waves whistling or at times when you want to be alone. While doing all this fun stuff, you don’t want to see anything unpleasant; something that might disturb you. Unfortunately, it happened to me. It was around 4.00 p.m on a Sunday and a few of us decided to go the Besant Nagar beach. Right next to the shore, there was a tent-like structure constructed with the help of solid, thick rods with a rope connecting both sides. I was very amused to find something like this so close to the water. However, to my horror I found a little girl, probably 6 years of age, comes out from nowhere and starts doing her famous cartwheels. For a second I thought I was hallucinating. Her next stunt was to come in and out of a small hula hoop. She wriggled in and out of it like she was made of elastic. She twisted and turned her limbs in all directions possible like the rub...

Progression vs. Regression

Common man lives in an environment that is altered and changed by him. Over the years, he has evolved, therefore having an after-effect in his surroundings. He started to change his channel of thinking and developed his milieu that suited his way of living. A society is subject to change; the main reason being, the residents are humans. Human beings are never constant. Their basic needs and necessities keep altering as they evolve. Thus, man decided to take nature’s assistance to provide his ever growing population with food, clothing and shelter. This is where it all began: Climatic Regression. Change is good when the society has sustainable development. This means the society moves up the ladder without damaging its surroundings or disturbing any part of nature. This was not how man was going to achieve his goals in life: “keeping nature in mind!” Instead, he decided to sabotage the vivacity of nature and her components and keep himself happy. Climate, like humans is subject to chang...