Skip to main content

Story of my Life

One fine morning, I realize
"I am old enough now. I know what I want".
I decide to send a message in a bottle 
To God, the only one who could get my dreams
To come to life, to spread some joy. 

He, who knew what I wanted
Gave me the same. 
As a teenager, I did not know 
How I was to handle the overwhelmed feeling
And gave way to a lot of indulgence.

Love as a feeling was my only goal 
To achieve; both to give and receive. 
Sadly, I did not know the difference 
Paving way to a lot of pit-holes 
Not knowing what was in it for me. 

Life as I knew it then
Took me through a roller coaster ride.
A ride that, till date will never forget 
A ride that changed my life 
A ride that forced me to face reality. 

A journey through the best and the worst 
A journey that made me insensitive.
A journey that caused havoc in my life 
A journey that gradually settled
Reminding me of my foolishness and wrong choices.

There had to be something I could change
A change that would never take me back there. 
That place where most of my memories
Lie low, still reminding me of those stupid choices
Blame me, but no one else. 

Change came with a "message in a bottle"
Back from him after years.
A message that pulled me back from the pile 
A pile that hurt me beyond words 
A pile that now no longer exists. 

The message made me stronger 
The message made me wiser. 
To give or to receive is my choice
May it be love or hate
For I am my own creator.  



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Life, As we call it

Once you are born Into this big, big world You enter a confusing maze- Something you need to figure out Life, as we call it Once upon a time You are just a child The next minute, an adult With a big responsibility at hand – Life, as we call it One day you are free Like a bird flying high The next day you are pulled down Further into complexities – Life, as we call it One minute you are so sure Of what to expect next The next minute you are thrusted Back to square one – Life, as we call it One minute you are happy Of all the wonders around you The next minute you are pushed back To reality that might be nasty – Life, as we call it Life, as we call it Might be unfair at most times Somehow that is what makes it exciting Giving us the power to deal with, Life, as we call it

Don't "Kid" Around

The beach is where one goes to catch up with old friends, enjoy the sea breeze, experience the peace and tranquility, listen to the waves whistling or at times when you want to be alone. While doing all this fun stuff, you don’t want to see anything unpleasant; something that might disturb you. Unfortunately, it happened to me. It was around 4.00 p.m on a Sunday and a few of us decided to go the Besant Nagar beach. Right next to the shore, there was a tent-like structure constructed with the help of solid, thick rods with a rope connecting both sides. I was very amused to find something like this so close to the water. However, to my horror I found a little girl, probably 6 years of age, comes out from nowhere and starts doing her famous cartwheels. For a second I thought I was hallucinating. Her next stunt was to come in and out of a small hula hoop. She wriggled in and out of it like she was made of elastic. She twisted and turned her limbs in all directions possible like the rub...

Progression vs. Regression

Common man lives in an environment that is altered and changed by him. Over the years, he has evolved, therefore having an after-effect in his surroundings. He started to change his channel of thinking and developed his milieu that suited his way of living. A society is subject to change; the main reason being, the residents are humans. Human beings are never constant. Their basic needs and necessities keep altering as they evolve. Thus, man decided to take nature’s assistance to provide his ever growing population with food, clothing and shelter. This is where it all began: Climatic Regression. Change is good when the society has sustainable development. This means the society moves up the ladder without damaging its surroundings or disturbing any part of nature. This was not how man was going to achieve his goals in life: “keeping nature in mind!” Instead, he decided to sabotage the vivacity of nature and her components and keep himself happy. Climate, like humans is subject to chang...